PARTNERS I HAVE WORKED WITH:
Corporate yoga for work groups: Corporate wellness aims to support employees with issues that can result from busy modern corporate life.
Yoga, meditation and mindfulness have been well documented for their capacity to reduce stress and improve health. At work, lower stress equates to greater satisfaction, creativity, productivity and reduced absenteeism.
To see how effectively wellbeing practices translate economically view this government commissioned research by Pricewaterhouse Coopers which highlights the commercial benefits of wellness initiatives at work – for example that for each £1 spent, there has been a quantifiable recovery of £4.17 in programme benefits.
From both the employers and employee’s perspective there are many benefits;
Benefits For The Employer:
- Reduction in sick days (workplace stress now accounts for around 160million lost days per year*)
- Reduction in stress, anxiety and depression (the leading cause of long-term absence*)
- Cost benefit of improved wellness (stress related absence costs the U.K economy £4billion*)
- Improvement in workplace atmosphere
- Team building – sometimes we need to transcend our hierarchy and connect as equals
- Accelerated learning and creativity – Yoga practice stimulates right brain function
- Improved employee satisfaction
- Improvement to posture (The HSE estimates that musculoskeletal disorders are responsible for almost 10 million lost working days per annum**)
Benefits For The Employee:
- Calming of the nervous system and therefore clearer mind
- Improved workplace atmosphere and rapport with colleagues
- Improvement to digestion, sleep, energy levels and posture
- Improvement to family life, relationships, intimacy
- Relief of emotional frustration
- Greater connection to your passions (when you are more ’embodied’ you feel more and become more discerning) .
- Support RSI ( repetitive strain of eyes, wrists, arms) or any work related injuries.
Louisa led a 30 minute meditation and mindfulness session for me and members of my team recently, which enabled us to take some time out at the end of the working day to focus on our breathing and find some self-compassion. Everyone has been working so hard throughout the pandemic and it’s not an easy time for anyone, so I thought this would be a nice way to recognise this and allow Louisa to share some useful techniques. Everyone was very positive about the experience – investing in supporting employee emotional wellbeing is key to success. Thanks Louisa! Holly Hastings-Payne – Head of Philanthropy and High Value Events – Action for Children
‘As a complete beginner I was unsure of what to expect from yoga, but Louisa made her Vinyasa Flow class both easy to follow and suitably challenging. Her friendly and relaxed approach puts the class at ease when learning new positions, and her meditation is great for relaxing my mind before a busy day at work. As a result I am now officially a hooked yogi! ‘ Erin Harding John Lewis Partner
I can’t recommend Louisa’s classes enough. There’s a lovely sense of calm and you know that you’ll have the time and space to push a bit further in your practice under her expert guidance. Louisa’s focus on alignment and holding positions and poses has helped me to make progress and build strength. Her energy and love of yoga always shines through and it’s one of the reasons why I look forward to her classes so much. – Emily Byrne John Lewis Partner